Giusypatch - Italian handmade -- Quilting

Hallo, I'm Giusy aka Giusypatch from Italy, I really really love to play with fabric, create purse, bags, and a lot of sewing things, I also have a passion for cross stitch and quilting since I was a child, I designed Cross Stich pattern under the name of Giusypatch Original Designs.
My Etsy shop

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Stash

Ok, I do have enought fabric... Yesterday eve I sorted all the large pieces, I do a lot of mess as you can see in the picture.

I can't imagine how much fabric I find into the closet! Some fabric are from 1997 to 2001 collection, and I still love them. I realized that those dated quilt cotton was better than other I bought recently. Fabric as "The Kessler collection from Andover" fabric were very soft and don't slip... The calicos designs were beautiful. So, I need to ask to you if you buy fabric from Sales on the net, each about $3.99 or if this don't worth... Where to find quality and cheap fabric? Is it really possible? I'm not so sure now....

I ordered those but at the touch seems they slip and even if it is 100% cotton, seems it isn't. I have to wash them and see what happens?


7 Comments:

Blogger Carol E. said...

You have some beautiful fabric! I have been trying to clean and organize my fabric storage places, too. As for inexpensive fabric, it's hard to find any that is less than $3.99... one place I know of is www.fabricbycotton.com, but I have not been there for a long time, so I don't know what the prices are these days. I usually just hit sales if they are 40-50% off or more. Other than that, I am trying not to buy more fabric.

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have some wonderful fabrics in your stash! It's great to get it all sorted out and then use it to make quilts without having to go to the shops and buy more fabric :-) Your name in wonky letters turned out wonderfully!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Fabric breeds when left in boxes or drawers, I am absolutely sure of this!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

A lot of people swear by www.thousandsofbolts.com, but I've never ordered from them. My favorite place to order from is www.zandsfabrics.com. Their service is fantastic and their fabric is top quality. It's not $3.99 per yard, but it's less than $7.00 per yard, and with most quilt shops charging $8.50 to $10.00 per yard it seems very reasonably priced to me.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Giusy Jdeebella said...

Patti and Carol thank for the links! I'll try to order from them... that's right: less fabric, but good quality it's best!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

You do have a lot of fabric, and you are right, when you buy on the net, you cannot be assured of the quality. I am trying to not buy anything and do not generally buy fabric online, so I can't help you there.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Tazzie said...

Wow! What a lovely pile of fabric, you'll be able to have so much fun with all that!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home